Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Why did I fall in love with Groovy Yurts?

When I first found Groovy Yurt's website, it was one of those life changing moments.  Seeing the yurts for the first time kindled a small fire in my heart, and it's burned there for several years now, very steady, slowly increasing.  This flame is the knowledge that one day I will live in a yurt.  I don't know why or how I know this, but I do.  The feeling is bright enough now that I know it's time to act.



What was it specifically about their yurts that captured my attention?

First of all, I think of independence.  It's not just a structure, or a fancy tent, but rather, it is a home.  A home that can travel with me if I ever need to move.  Even if I don't move into it right away, I can feel secure it will be there for me.

Then there is the exotic element of these particular yurts.  Go and have a peek about their sight.  Look at the beautiful shape of them.  Look at the hand painted wood.  These yurts are true works of art.

I like the shape of these yurts.  They look low and gentle, like they are hugging the earth.  A lot of more modern yurts are too upright.

These yurts are constructed with natural materials using traditional methods.  Cotton canvas, layers of felt, wood, and leather.

Matching furniture.

If I had my druthers, I would love to have their four wall yurt.

Then again, the more I think about making my own, the more I enjoy the dream of having it match my style.  Little details like having one of those doors that is split in half horizontally.  I think it's called a paddock door.   Now that would be a must for me.  A blue one.

No comments:

Post a Comment