Sunday, February 22, 2015

If I were to place an ad for wool - or should I say when?


WANTED: Don't toss that wool!!!


Even if you think the wool is no good.  Even if it's a meat sheep.  Even if you think I'm daft for wanting to build a yurt with traditional materials.  Please don't toss that wool.

Seeking 100 free fleeces for a very ambitious yurt building project.  I'll be making a half inch thick felted wool cover for my yurt, on a very tight budget.

I know there's a lot of you out there who feel your wools is only good for compost, but it is probably good for this project.   Please don't compost it or burn it.  You have to shear your sheep anyway - unless you have katahdin of course - but for those with wooly jumpers, here's your chance to donate your fleece to something a bit unusual.

Can pick up on the saanich peninsula.  Further afield requires a bit more organization, but can be done if there's enough wool to make it worthwhile.  

I don't need all the wool to come from the same place, so even if you have a dozen spare fleeces, feel free to get in touch.  

White wool, not-white wool, it's all good.
Moths aren't good.

Why haven't I posted it yet?  No space to keep the wool... yet.  In the middle of a big spring clean with lots of stuff to take to the charity shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment